Welcome to Simple Meals Friday!
I am joining Katie at Nourishing Simplicity and Katie from Simple Foody, to start bringing you Simple Meals Friday. It’s a weekly link-up party. Come each week and check out the nourishing meals that people link up. Maybe you’ll get more ideas for you meal plan next week, or even find a new blog or two to follow.
There is nothing like having a collection of simple meals to throw together in a slow cooker in the morning or in a skillet as a quick, last-minute dinner. What are your favorite to prepare slow cooker meals, skillet meals, freezer meals, soups, salads, drinks and desserts?
We want to know the foods to turn to when you are short of time. It’s great to learn from and be inspired by others. When you share your recipe on this link-up it will show up on all 3 of the host’s sites. If you don’t have a blog, no problem, you can also share your recipes in the comments.
Meet Your Hosts
Please Read and Follow these Simple Meals Friday Rules
- Keep the foods “nourishing”, such as homemade chicken stocks, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, healthy fats (lard, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, tallow), unrefined sugars, flours and salts and meats.
- Please don’t include recipes using processed oils such as soy and canola oil, msg laden bouillon and other highly processed foods. If I notice a recipe using these ingredients it will be deleted. Try to incorporate traditional methods of preparing foods like, sprouting, soaking, sourdough and lacto-fermentation.
- Link back to this blog hop, it is a common linking courtesy. It helps to build a stronger blogging community. That way we can all learn and share with each other.
We enjoyed reading all your submissions. The hosts will pick a favorite post to feature on next week’s Simple Meals Friday. If you want to be featured please be sure to link back to this blog hop. Our favorites will be featured on facebook and pintrest!
Featured Simple Meals
1. Spicy Roasted Chickpeas from Natural Chow
2. Quinoa Black Bean Pumpkin Stew from Avocado Pesto
Are you ready to link-up?