Happy Friday friends. As I sit here typing this, I am sipping on a warm cup of herbal “coffee” with a dash of coconut milk. Our door is open and the cool evening air is blowing in. My two-year-old is sitting on his potty, delaying his inevitable bedtime. And my heart is grateful. Grateful for another Friday. Grateful for cool evenings and grateful for the sweet little opportunity of writing this blog.
Have a blessed Friday! (and don’t forget to enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post, it’s only live for one day!)
Welcome to Simple Meals Friday!
I can’t wait to see what delectable real food recipes you are going to link up for us this week! I am trying to get better about meal planning, and this Friday link-up usually gives me just the motivation I need. 🙂
Meet Your Hosts
Please Read and Follow these Simple Meals Friday Rules
- Keep the foods “nourishing”, such as homemade chicken stocks, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, healthy fats (lard, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, tallow), unrefined sugars, flours and salts and meats.
- Please don’t include recipes using processed oils such as soy and canola oil, msg laden bouillon and other highly processed foods. If I notice a recipe using these ingredients it will be deleted. Try to incorporate traditional methods of preparing foods like, sprouting, soaking, sourdough and lacto-fermentation.
- Link back to this blog hop, it is a common linking courtesy. It helps to build a stronger blogging community. That way we can all learn and share with each other.
We enjoyed reading all your submissions. The hosts will pick a favorite post to feature on next week’s Simple Meals Friday. If you want to be featured please be sure to link back to this blog hop. Our favorites will be featured on facebook and pinterest!
Featured Simple Meals
1. Meat and Potato Skillet from Worth Cooking
Oh golly this one has me drooling. She had me at skillet. I love when I can make everything in one dish. While you are at it, you may as well check out her whole blog, it’s all deliciously nourishing food free from the major allergens.
2. Elderberry Infused Herbal Honey from Strangers and Pilgrims
Just when you thought honey couldn’t get any better, it did. Elderberry is great for boosting immunity. She even gives a little tip for what to do with the elderberries once they have been infused into the honey.
3. Vegan Red Lentil and Apple Soup from Avocado Pesto
It is almost soup season. Haha, who am I kidding – at our house it is ALWAYS soup season. I love how nutrient-dense this soup is. And I’m sure the apple gives it just a hint of sweetness that my kids (and husband) will love.
Are you ready to link-up?
Surprise! This week there is a very special one-time-only sale going on. The Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle is an incredible library of resources to help you on your healthy living journey. There are ebooks on a range of health issues, over 1,500 recipes (1,000+ of them being gluten free), valuable eCourses on essential oils and other healthy living topics, and bonuses that will give you a great jump start in your healthy living journey. You can check out the list of books and bonuses here. Today only we are giving away one complete bundle to one of you, our valued readers. This bundle is valued at over $1,000, but retails at only $29.97. Good luck and be sure to come back tomorrow morning to see if you won! The sale ends 9/15 so don’t delay if it’s something you are interested in.
a Rafflecopter giveaway