Looking for a real food recipe to use up a pound of ground beef? Then try this real food Taco Soup! It’s simple, tasty, and full of rich nutrients.I’m so sad I didn’t get my traditional April Fool’s day post up this year. I had a good one too!
Instead I dropped my computer and crashed the hard-drive.
I did that because I love spending money on things I already have.
I’m also starting a new thing where I try to spin all the expensive things into our life into a positive. Transmission failure? That’s just family-bonding opportunity. Dental work? A great way to support local business! You get my drift.
I wish I was joking. But this soup is no joke. It’s delicious and nutrient-dense when made with homemade chicken stock and grass-fed meat. I like to top it with a dollop of probiotic-rich sour cream. Mmmmmmmm.
But if your kids are like mine and opposed to all things that contain the word “soup”, then go ahead and call this taco chili.
Real Food Taco Soup
- ½ - 1 lb ground beef
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cup of sweet corn (organic to avoid GMOs)
- 2 small potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 tomatos seeded and diced
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Brown ground beef in a large pot with onions and garlic.
- Once cooked, drain the grease and add in everything but the bell pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Serve with avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, corn chips, or whatever else sounds good to you at the moment!